Acne or Pimple occurs when an oily substance called sebum clogs skin pores. Pimples affect the skin of majority of teenagers and significant number of adults. They usually pop up on the face, neck , back , chest and shoulders. Even though acne is not a serious health risk, it may leave permanent scars on the skin which could affect self esteem of a person. In this article you will find information on – How to Treat Acne with Clindamycin Lotion.
The exact cause of pimples is not known, but androgen hormones play an important role. Androgen hormones increase during puberty both in boys and girls. These hormones cause the skin’s oil gland to get larger and produce more sebum which will clog skin pores. In addition to puberty genetics also plays an important role, if your parents have acne you will have the tendency to inherit it too.
How to Treat Acne with Clindamycin Lotion
Clindamycin lotion is a topical antibiotic. It works by killing sensitive bacteria that cause acne and reducing the amount of free fatty acids that irritate the skin surface. The medication is used to treat sever acne and it helps to reduce the number of pimples. It is a prescription drug and you need to consult your doctor before using it.
How to use Clindamycin lotion:
Use clindamycin lotion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Clindamycin lotion is for topical use on the skin only.
- Shake well before each use. Clean and dry the affected area. Cover the affected area and surrounding areas with a thin film of medicine.
- Clindamycin lotion works best if it is used at the same time each day.
- Continue to use Clindamycin lotion even if your condition improves. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Clindamycin lotion, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Precautions and Safety information
- Clindamycin lotion is for external use only. Do not get Clindamycin lotion in your eyes or on the inside of your nose or mouth. If you accidentally get the medicine in your eye, immediately flush with a large amount of cool tap water.
- Be sure to use clindamycin lotion for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Several weeks may pass before you see improvement in your acne. Continue using Clindamycin lotion for the full time recommended by your doctor.
- All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
In Ethiopia Clindamycin lotion can be found by the brand name T3 Pimple solution Mycin and since the antibiotic is a prescription drug you will need to consult a doctor. Use it continuously for 1 month and you will definitely see a satisfactory result. Long gone are those days with acne and pimple problems, keep your skin healthy!